Costume Ideas?

Posted on Updated on

Coming off the success of winning an apron for best dressed at the recent AIOH conference theme night (Australiana Theme Winners: We came as the Kath n Kim team), I am in need of help. The BOHS Gala Dinner is themed, “Robin Hood” and I am fresh out of ideas.

kathkim

This is the big time. I say go big or go home. This is not just a dress-up dinner. I am basically representing Australia here. There are a few things working against me….

1) The costume needs to fit into my suitcase.

2) I can’t be just another fair maiden

3) Costumes work better in numbers when you have a group of people. I will be alone.

4) I don’t do lycra.

So I am petitioning for help…any suggestions??

12 thoughts on “Costume Ideas?

Holly Fletcher said:
    February 18, 2014 at 6:41 pm

Kate, you could go as an arrow!

katecole111 responded:
    February 19, 2014 at 8:48 am

Holly – Great idea!

Alex Wilson said:
    February 20, 2014 at 10:23 am

I am loving your eagerness in wanting to have a costume. If you don’t want to travel there will be a local costume shop selling some kind of Robin Hood get up!! However I would be worried that you will be the only one. My advice just get a little bow and arrow and use it as an addition.

Looking forward to meeting you. Maid Cole.

katecole111 responded:
      February 20, 2014 at 10:27 am

Alex..you need to understand that we take these things seriously in Australia!! Maybe I’ll start a new trend 🙂

Alex Wilson said:
        February 20, 2014 at 8:50 pm

I am up for that. I wish I could come to the AIOH conference it sounds a ball. Not that the BOHS is not. Just different standards he he he

jane said:
    February 28, 2014 at 3:17 am

A hood with a bird on top (robin)?

katecole111 responded:
      February 28, 2014 at 3:41 am

Ooh I like – great idea Jane!

susan tiernan (@TiernanSusan) said:
    March 4, 2014 at 12:53 am

A lone wolf of Sherwood Forest
    Or play on “Our Cate’s” Oscar success. You could pull off a Cate Blanchett Maid Marian very well.

katecole111 responded:
      March 4, 2014 at 8:21 am

Hi Susan – you are too kind but I don’t think I’d be able to pull off anything near Cate Blanchett!
      I just read in the latest BOHS newsletter today that they have changed the event to Cocktail dress…turns out they don’t take this whole dress-up thing too seriously…where’s the fun in that I say!!

Jane said:
        March 4, 2014 at 9:40 pm

Perfect! cocktail dress with a robin head dress!

hollyfletcher said:
    March 5, 2014 at 6:42 pm

Where’s the fun in dressing up in a cocktail frock? I think more BOHS members need to attend the AIOH conference to really see how it’s done!

jane said:
      March 6, 2014 at 1:18 am

Unless its a frock with a cocs tail? still playing on the bird theme a la the Robin!